253 members voted today on the MOU. Here are the results:Yes -179No – 74The MOU has passed. I am compiling the comments and will send that document out as soon as it is ready. The Negotiations Team will begin bargaining soon for a separate Memorandum of Understanding if we have to move to a Remote Model at any point this school year. In speaking with the Superintendent he has stated he is looking for flexibility with giving members the option of working from home in a Remote Model. I know this has been a concern for some and it will be addressed during this round of negotiating. Another area to be discussed is the ongoing testing of air quality in the buildings. We are working on having a schedule of testing throughout the year. Details will be coming as soon as we have them. Enjoy the long weekend! Best,Eileen BarryPresidentMarlborough Educators Association
There will be an all members meeting this Thursday morning from 9:00-10:15 to answer questions about the MOU that is to be voted on this Friday. You will be sent the Teams link tomorrow once the meeting is set up. We will answer as many of the questions you have sent to us regarding the MOU as we can in the time that we have. If you know of someone that is not on this email list please feel free to share the Teams link once it is sent out. The last summer School Committee meeting was held tonight. If you did not get a chance to watch it live you can see the recording that is posted on the MPS website. The next meeting is on August 25th. Take care and be well. Best,Eileen Barry
Dear Members, Many of you have been raising questions regarding the MOU that was sent out last night. Brendan St. George, members of the Negotiations Team and myself are planning to have a Teams meeting to address questions brought up by the MOU. Communication will be sent with the link once a day and time have been made. You will be able to send in questions prior to the meeting. More specific information will come in a future email. The Negotiations Team did not bargain for the hybrid model. This model was the decision of the School Committee. In negotiations, we bargain for the contract language not the model that has been decided upon by the School Committee. If there is a NO vote on the MOU by members, the Negotiations Team goes back to bargaining around the hybrid model. Your concerns regarding this model need to be directed to the School Committee members. MEA member are able to voice their concerns with this model through emailing the School Committee members. Their emails are posted on the MPS website. It is within your control to let them know your concerns and feelings. This is an extremely emotional time for all of us. Decisions are not coming fast enough and are ever changing. Each and everyone of us are coming from a different perspective and point of view as to how things should progress. We all have ourselves and family members to look out for in our lives. There are many MEA members who have been working diligently throughout the summer working on plans to return to school in the safest possible way for staff and students. Emotions are running high and it is asked that you be cognizant of what you are posting on Social Media. Everyone does have their right to freedom of speech and this is not being said to infringe on that right. However, MPS does have a Social Media Policy and MEA would like to avoid having a situation where we have to defend members if that policy is broken.
Stay well and take care. Best,
Marlborough Educators Association
SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Mayor Arthur Vigeant School Committee Chair Term Exp. 12/31/2021
Hi Members, I hope this email finds you well. Check your home email, you will find the Memorandum of Understanding for the reopening of the Marlborough schools. You will have until August 14th to look it over. The vote will be on Friday, August 14th through Survey Monkey. The link will be sent to you on August 13th. The voting will be open all day on the 14th. Thank you and I hope you and your families are staying healthy. Best,
**to be added to the MEA mailing list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The School Committee and Superintendent have extended the Intent to Retire at the end of the 2019/2020 school year to June 1, 2020 given the current circumstances due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We all understand these are trying times and some member’s decisions to return will be based on the health situation in the fall.
For those who are eligible and considering retiring prior to your intended date, please send a letter attached to an email to the Superintendent by June 1, 2020 for consideration. Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any questions. I will try my best to answer.
DESE Summary of June 2017 Board Regulation Changes On June 27, 2017, the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education voted to approve regulation changes impacting educator licensure , program approval and license renewal.Summary Document